Electric Eagle said:

Now the $1 bill needs to just go away though, to be replaced by a coin.

Yes. I have been saying this for YEARS. A coin will cost more to stamp in the beginning. But they last for years. I still see 20-30 year old nickles, dimes and quarters and 50-cent pieces circulating and they're in fine shape!!

I go out of my way to get and use dollar coins.

Canada uses a dollar coin. They also have a 2-dollar coin (just like we have a 2-dollar note). Why? [Linked Image]

I think a coin is much more sanitary - and you can wash them if you're obsessively concerned about germs (or if, like me, you're in the habit of picking up pennies and nickles off the sidewalk). Have you noticed how bills STINK? UGH!!!

Then he said:

At the same time the penny needs to stop circulating and all bills should be rounded to the nearest nickle. On our invoice, we round down to the nearest dollar.

While I'd LOVE to see the .99 and .94 prices go away, I still wouldn't be thrilled about the fact that I couldn't be able to collect pennies from the sidewalk, toss them in a pickle jar and spend a few relaxing evenings after work just rolling the suckers up. [Linked Image]

I've paid for lunch with penny rolls (50 cents per sleeve), after I've exchanged them in the bank, of course... [Linked Image]