Quick question.. I don't get to be on here much anymore...Been busy working [Linked Image]
I have an industrial job to do. My strong points are in residential, although I've done a little of everything practically.. I have 3 old 3 phase motors to run circuits to. One is a 5 HP motor that already has a "Mitsubishi Electric" starter mounted on the frame of the machine. It has an internal adjustment for amps, but I can't find any heaters to protect the motor. Just need a little advice. It seems that I will have to mount a starter with heaters ahead of the existing starter, which by the way has a "stop,start" button on it and also a "run, stop" button on it. It is obviously a Japanese made machine. Also on the nameplate, it has 50hz instead of 60hz. The business I am doing the wiring for, said it had been running in another part of the building fine.
Also I'm kind of confused at this moment on how I will wire the extra starter( with heaters) in conjunction with the one already on the machine???? That is if it is necessary. Like I said, motors and industrial work are not my specialty, any advise would be appreciated..

**Also He wants 2 old exhaust motors wired which are on the outside, up about 15 ft. toward the top of the vent pipe, which is approximately 4 ft. in diameter. This is to exhaust fumes from a spray booth area. The disconnects and motors are already wired. The conduit from the disconnects are stubbed out inside the building. I will have to set a 3 phase panel and/or a set of 3 phase manual starters with heaters on the inside so the motors can be controlled. If I set the controllers outside of the "spray area", will that get me out of the "hazardous area"?? Also where the conduits are going out of the building to the motors, one has a "seal off" on the conduit. Is this code also??? Any help will be greatly appreciated.. Hope it all makes sense. Thanks a lot.... Steve....

By the way, the lights in the area are open 8 ft. flourescent strips wired in emt with set screw connectors. Should this area not be "explosion proof" etc.?????? Thanks again...