I had 2 different problems kinda like these several years back. The first one was when a siding company yanked the brand new 200 amp meter socket off the wall and left it hanging. After a year or so, the water got into all the electrical wiring and ruined the new service panel in the basement. It had to all be replaced. The 2nd problem came in from a school.The electrical service was underground and whent he POCO installed their pipe on the service riser, they never capped it off. The water was raining down and in the underground service pipe and flowing through the CT cabinet. When I went out on a service call to find out why the lights were blinking, I found the whole CT cabinet was rotten. The CT's themselves were just about being supported by the mounting hardware. One good push and the whole thing would fall apart. The whole cabinet had to be replaced. (Plus the fact that it had to be done when school was closed and off hours. It cost them extra.) In both cases all the damage could have been saved all because someone didn't protect the electrical equipment from water damage.