Thanks guys, here's more info:

400A (320A Nominal) MB into 400A (320A Nominal) Disconnect with 500 KCM Cu.

Then, with double lugs on load side, splitting into two runs of 3/0 Cu (w/ a #4 EGC) to each 200A panel.

The MB and disco will be side to side, there is about 20' to the location of the 200A panels inside.

Then, the two original 100A panels will be fed off of the Lighting Panel (200A) off of 100A CB's and the new HVAC stuff will be on the Power Panel (200A).

The two 100A subs are 100' and 130' away respectively.

I'll have to core drill two 2-12" holes and 4 1-3/4" holes, and run the conduit to the subs above drop ceilings.

Also, the old panels will have to have ground busses and the EGC's seperated from the neutrals.

My horribly rough estimate is about $2700 for materials and about $1200 in labor.

This figure was using the 1990 Electrical Construction Estimator.

The underground lateral and conduit is not included in the bid.

Am I anywhere near the ballpark?

BTW: I'm bidding against a local Commercial Electrical Contractor who "has done all the work here" and could pull a profitable figure out of his hat and still have me beat... So I don't want to invest too much time in this.. The GC has the contract to convert the HVAC and would rather use me (probably because I'll lose money on it and he will gain from it...)

Help!

[Linked Image]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI