I have been toying with the idea of purchasing an Electronic Kit - as it could be played any time without annoying the Neighbors!

Played a full-Electronic Kit back in 1993. It didn't have the "Feel" of the Acoustic Kit, but the ranges and tweeks were cool!

Have heard good words about the Technology and feel of "Modern" Electronic Kits, so it's time to check into this!
Prices are more reasonable now too!

Did have an Electronic Drum Head I used for a subtile accent.
It was an old Simmons head - circa 1981, which used 64K and 128K EPROMS for voices.
Ended up giving this to my Daughter back in 1997 or 1998 (???), when She was getting serious about playing.
Best investment ever - as She has the passion big time! [Linked Image]
Man, Her meter is SOLID!!!

Must have done something right, as She has turned out to be a very good overall Musician !

Just love that type of Musician - one who will always share abilities, and can't get enough styles to try - and is totally willing to assist others when possible!

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for bringing this thread to life!
Keep up the discussions!
It is nice to see all the fellow Musicians here, and the types of Instruments played.

BTW, on the "Roto-Toms", I have messed around with them at Music Stores.

Anyone remember Octabons?
How about those floor toms with a "tuning" pedal? They give the "Fred Flintstone being kicked in the belly" sound effect! (Baaa---wwooo--mmmm).

Along these lines, what's your favorite Snare Drum type?
Field Snares (Deep and/or larger than 14")?
Piccolo Snares (Thin)?
"Standard" depth (6 to 8 inches)?

I "Worshiped" Piccolo Snares, then "Fat - Field" Snare Drums. Now I want them all!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!