V,
I had it explained to me that there is a diference between a spider "biting" you and "infussing" you. Sometimes a spider may just bite you without injecting the poison. A way of telling the spider telling you to leave me alone. I laid on this spider so it infused me with everything that it had! I was able to grab the spider and it was kind of funny to see everyone in the emergency ward come in to look at the spider, until it started to hurt. Then I hated that Go#d$%n thing.

S,
The reason that I made a mistake is that often times people get bitten by a spider and have no symptoms. (see above) I do not beleive in calling 911 for everything. I live near Los Angeles and hear about how the emergency rooms are clogged with people who do not have medical insurance. The hospital just had me read a book on the bed, even when the back pain started to set in, a symptom of black wido spider bites, they did not give me very good care.

Paul,
You are right the CDC is based out of Atlanta, however they share their knowledge with the regional poison control centers.

I will answer any and all questions
Scott