Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later... Actually, I was impressed that we roughed in a whole house without a mishap, but...

We were trimming the KOs out of siding blocks today, being a job I really don't like, trying to cut cold hard plastic...

Not having much luck, scarred the first block on the visible part while trying to cut it, cracked another one, then it happened.

Jimmy was holding his thumb up and the blood started to pour...

Well, I jump up and run to the truck to get the first aid kit, he follows me out. I pull out an alcohol pad and open it and give it to Jimmy to clean his thumb, while I start to tear open one to clean my hands, and... down he goes into the mud... eyes rolled back, mouth gaped open... Well crap, he fainted... So I lift his head out of the mud, say his name a few times, and he comes to, but is confused and puts his injured hand right into the mud...

I finally get him up and into the cab of the truck and he's white as a sheet, complaining that he needs to poop, pee, and vomit, but has apparently forgotten about the thumb I'm trying to dress.

I let him do his thing, he starts to get his senses back, sits down and lets me finish dressing his thumb. Covered in mud, confused to the point I'm suspecting concussion, and looking like hell, I figure I better take him home...

Swears up and down it doesn't need stitches, but I may insist he goes in tomorrow to have it looked at...

What a day... [Linked Image]

I did warn him several months ago that cuts were our number one hazard, getting shocked actually being lower on the list...

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 03-06-2003).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI