Folks,

Starting a new job in a facility full of CNC machines. Ongoing issue is the failure of machine electrical components. Several machines came from another facility with clean power and rarely failed. Since arrival, the same machines have suffered multiple failures.

Initial suspect is power quality issues. Power quality studies have been performed on some of the busses in the building. Machines have been relocated within the building. Parts of the building electrical system have been upgraded.

Looking to purchase a power quality analyzer to get an understanding the system existing condition. In addition, I am looking to verify the condition of the bonding and grounding systems.

I am familiar with the ground bond testing systems for plug in equipment, but I am not aware of a system to test the bonding conductors of installed machines. I see standards for telecom and IT systems but nothing for industrial machines.

I think there are two separate issues here. Resistance of the "grounding" network and resistance of the bonding conductors to the grounding network.

Any suggestions?