Located where I am there is a limited number of places you can walk into and browse around looking for unique and interesting items related to the electrical/electronics trade. Sometimes the best items I find are when I am at work and there is stuff heading to the garbage after a retro or upgrade. I've saved quite a number of good items from the landfill over the years...well, good to me.

Recently I was in Orlando, Florida on vacation with my family. After a few days of the "magic" of Disney I was ready to hit the reset button and find something that was more my kind of magic. I took a search on the 'net and found it - Skycraft Parts and Surplus. When you see a place with a flying saucer on the roof how can you go wrong?

[Linked Image from i63.tinypic.com]

I spent 2 hours going through this place and I could've spent another 2, easy. Rows and rows of stuff that is neatly arranged considering the volume of small parts and components. It's one of those places that people like me enjoy because you never know what you might find. Unfortunately, I doubt I will be getting back there anytime soon.

Anyone else know of stores similar to this in Canada or the US? The next time I go on vacation it would be great to have a one-stop place to look up those hidden gems like Skycraft. You never know, I might be on vacation close by and once again need a vacation from the vacation.

A malfunction at the junction
--------------------------------------
Dwayne