I have been researching the various rules regarding what methods are acceptable for providing the proper fire rating for conductors that are providing power to a building's fire pump. This information is needed for a job where the existing fire pump is being ran off the normal power supply and needs to be switched over to the emergency power supply. Since the existing will be altered it has to be installed using the updated code rules. Besides being fed from the normal power supply the conductors are ran in EMT from the room that houses the fire pump to another room on the other side of the building which house the main emergency power supply. As far as I know, the existing conductors being run EMT does not meet code. Of the few fire pump installations I've seen it's always been MI cable (Pyrotenax).

Does anybody know what alternatives there are to MI cable that can be ran through a building (outside is not an option) without resorting to encasing in concrete? I see there is a product called Snake Tube that is supposed to have a 2 hour fire rating:
http://www.americantechsupply.com/snaketube.htm

Then I would assume you would need to pull in suitable conductors...

Any suggestions? Obviously trying to be cost effective while meeting CSA, ULC and NFPA standards.

A malfunction at the junction
--------------------------------------
Dwayne