Got a link? laugh

Look, the idea of landlords and tenants expressing malice towards each other are far from new. I recall one author who capitalized on this, by writing two books- one on how to 'tame' your landlord, and one on dealing with unwanted tenants.

I've also known folks who claimed to have done all manner of things in revenge- everything from removing the front door (to force a tenant out) to plastering fish inside the walls (to create odor).

Perhaps most distressing are the shelves of books at the local hardware store, purporting to replace a 5-year electrical apprenticeship with a $20 book, pretty pictures, and a few hours reading.

Then there's the matter of honest, ordinary wear and tear. I'm thinking here of the upscale New York building that actually blew up the other day. Gas leak? Unrepaired issues from a year ago? Non-permitted work, perhaps even unlicensed contractors? Fuggadaboudit.

Author Martin Cruz Smith, in the book "Red Square," described a wonderful bomb in great detail. Fans of Mythbusters will recall their attempts to re-create this bomb. It was a heck of a lot harder to accomplish, and far less effective, than the book led you to believe. That parallels my own experience, as well as actual law enforcement records: there are a lot more fizzles than real booms.