Thanks guys, and yes it is wired that way in some of the pump diagrams. Speaking of old school, the 80 yr old contractor had alot of industrial experience..he was referred by the sewer guy with the pump truck. Had another worker bee doing all the work for him. Long and short when they cut the conduit back to the building control box, they never deburred the ID on the 2" conduit. Thus, insulation on wires gets cut. The startling thing is that its 208vac into the control box with a boost transformer taking it to 230vac. The 230 VAC supplied the control box at which point the breakers were down the line in the control box. Any transformers were acting as heat sinks. They wired the pump to the boost transformer at the terminal block where the boost transformer supplied the control box. They did not even have the lines to the pump fused..no breakers. They could have easily used the breakers in place from the old pumps. I got back to the office last Friday and dodged a bullet cause I checked on their work hours later and was presented with smoke on an auxiliary transformer that was almost boiling. I went back Saturday and met the 80 yr old...told him he almost burned up building..etc. I dug up dirt to conduit feeding pump and sure enough at conduit outlet ..all insulation burned off about 15 wires. I asked him where his wiring diagram was...ummm. None. Came up with a wiring diagram as stated in original post and put all back together. Working but I guess my concern I had was one hot leg to pump at all times. We did install 2 pole cutoff switch at sewer for pump. Also cutoff switch for alarm circuit. Checked amperage and it's pulling about 8 when pump on both legs for pump. I guess it will have to do for now.