JBD...

I would think that having a 2-pole breaker hanging loose inside the Service panel was a Code violation.

It should be on the rails or completely removed and the conductors safetied off.

The dead front for the Service panel looks to be missing -- and I'd bet large that it does not have the appropriate KO fillers.

The weatherhead looks profoundly abused by the crew. Busting out NEMA components and then cobbling them back together violates their listing. It's not a listed product when you've hacked it to pieces -- literally -- and then fudged its re-assembly.

The fundamental integrity of the Service drop is shot. Eyeballing the riser drop for dielectric quality does not get 'er done. I would always presume that hidden damage to the insulation has risen far up the conductors -- as the heat starts from the inside out.

Since the conductors are always metal -- with a fantastic tendency to conduct heat, too -- I'm compelled to assume that the conductors got plenty toasty right up until they passed into free air. In sum, I'd deem the riser conductors as shot, the meter pan as shot, the weatherhead as shot, the meter as shot... I'd even worry about the bugs. The offending current was passing IN FRONT OF THE OCPD.

Who really knows how intense the peak arc was?

Putting damaged gear back into service means putting unlisted gear into service. Installing unlisted gear is an NEC no-no. No item retains its listing after suffering obvious significant damage.

Arc damage IS serious damage.... It's at the top of anyone's list. eek

The 'looted breakers' in the Service panel are suggestive of major malfunctions across the entire residence. It looks like the entire zone has been hacked to pieces.

Darwin has their number -- and is just waiting for them to pick up the phone.

Tesla