I don't work that end of the street...

But, from what I've seen, isn't it the case that the PV connections are surface mounted and right in your face at the Service?

And aren't these gadgets fulsomely labeled?

And don't their feeders shoot straight up to the roof line?

I can certainly see that such a placard ought to be mounted when PV is installed -- new construction -- embedded.

IIRC, just cutting the power to the Service ought to drop out the inverter. Certainly that's the system my Poco demands.

%%%

I'm amazed that roof mounted PV arrays are widely accepted.

They spell additional roof falls and lawsuits.

Such a location begs for roofing damage -- which is sure to bite the installing contractor. The troops are SURE to screw up from time to time. There are no end of roofing variations out there. It just has to be the case that these installations are being underpriced... and that the ECs/ solar firms are not properly insured.

Because of the California climate, it's entirely possible for roof damage to go entirely unnoticed until the Fall. Then, all at once, the phone rings off the hook.

There is so much desert land -- just waiting for PV arrays -- I'm astounded that this route is not taken.

This fad will die like aluminum siding. Eventually, enough bad experiences will cause lawsuits, regulation, and massive insurance bonds... kind of like swimming pool construction.

Tesla