Thanks for the replies, I was nder the impression that in order to be an apprentice and build hours towards my Journeymans I must be enrolled in a federally approved apprenticeship program.. Is this correct?

@harold - I facebooked my old instructor from AVTEC I may try emailing him next, I dont think that anyone else at the school would have any information for me but I will try getting in touch with their job placement advisor.

@sparkyinak - I interviewed with the IBEW in Anchorage, I scored a 95.5 on my interview and am currently #5 on their list for new apprentices, however I am trying to go nonunion. I just had my first son who is 5 months old and we would like to stay close to family here in Cordova. The local contractor in town said he may be able to hire me on and work around my commercial fishing schedule in the summer so if I could continue to do that it would be a major plus. I am interested in these online courses you mentioned. Is this the equivalent to being enrolled in an apprenticeship program? I have tried googling a lot of terms regarding apprenticeship and all I find is local apprenticeship programs in different states.

Thanks again for the replies guys.. Hope I can find some answers..

-David Carlson