Alan, all I did was start a thread based upon reality. What it might say in a book somewhere is of little concern to me.

A typical office is likely to have one thermostat - with no consideration of how temperatures may differ around the place. You have 'generic' office suites, all designed by the lowest bidder.

I've lost count of the times where human discomfort and inefficiency were ignored by management - yet, that same management immediately spent fortunes should a piece of equipment be inconvenienced. Many times there will be HVAC for the machine, but not for the guy who operates it.

The end result is .... the winter service call. There must be a 'weak' breaker, because it keeps tripping. Or, the breaker tripped but we can't reset it.

You look around, and you see that every desk has a little space heater near it. Usually, when you're there, the heater is off and under a carefully placed coat and purse. You'll note a tamper-guard over the thermostat, and every lady wearing a sweater. Or two. Maybe even a shawl and a small blanket on their laps.

That's the reality; the ladies are cold - and trying very hard to be warm. One thing is certain: Scrooge isn't going to change the thermostat setting.

Typical US space heaters draw 2 amps, and can pose a fire risk. The one I posted at the start of the thread draws less than 2 amps, won't start a fire, and puts the heat right where the lady needs it - under the desk.

These things have been around forever, but only now have I been able to actually try one out. They work. They're worth it. Pass it on. smile