At no time did I ever take home inspections to be anything more than a ploy to develop negotiating leverage.

The whole matter is a hustle, something that Angel Martin would come up with on the the Rockford Files.

My immediate neighbor sold his home - -inspectors were involved.

One fool turned off the sump pump / un plugged it because it was a 'trip hazard' or some such...

48 hours later and $5,000 in damages later...

A small army of repair troops roamed the basement to remediate the water damage.

You see, both of our properties are at the mercy of an underground river/ spring -- fed by up hill residences watering their yards.

I understand that there was 4" of standing water before the boo-boo was discovered.

Since the blame was shoved back on the inspector -- he destroyed the deal in escrow as retaliation -- so it took another month to close escrow with yet another buyer and inspector.

All in all, a perfect testament to the inspection con.

BTW, no one wants the inspector to have anything to do with fixing / and getting paid for fixing / electrical work.

So, under no circumstances should you waste even one second of your life inspecting a residence pursuant to a sale negotiation.

Such is for fools, idiots and saints -- that don't need to eat.

Tesla