OK, let's have a reality check here ....

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day .... whatever else one might say about Mr. Holmes, he's put an idea out there that I think merits discussion.

So, he has a TV show. I have a cat. What's that got to do with anything? The man has written a book, and put forth his thoughts. I selected just one of those thoughts for discussion in this thread.

Ironically, some of the critical comments parrot some of Mike's other thoughts. One example: he advocates always doing better than code minimum.

TV show or not, the man does actually have a contracting business - and he was contracting long before he ever had a TV show.

I would think the membership here would be more sympathetic to his views. I can't speak for others, but I watch his show, and it's like watching a diary of my life, sorting out some layer cake of kludge just to get things working.

More germane is the matter of quotes, which is one key element in how we deal with customers. That fine art is what makes a sale happen, and what leads to a happy customer at the end of it all- or, not.

Oddly enough, I cannot tell for the comments above whether anyone agrees with Mike's take on quotes - or if they disagree.

Anyone care to try again? laugh