Heath and safety has asked me to find relevant code rules for the new installation of a garbage compactor and lift abutted to the building with regards to mechanical damage subject to the cage door switch and wire.
The wire is grey cmg 18/4 -60 to 105 ft4 600v communication wire not marked for exposure to weather.The wire is ran up the side of the lifts loading cage, supported by metal straps and fused at 2amps 120v.This is located next to metal ramp for carts with a removable rail that affords no protection.
I went to section 38 looking at material lifts,and table 19.I haven't had much time to go through it all but right away see rules 2-200,12-100,12-508 and 12-518
The machine was installed a few months ago,is under warranty and has been blowing the 2a fuse intermittently for a week(keep changing it).The metal straps are also cutting through the door switch wire insulation do to machine vibration and tywrapped to the hydrolic lines going through an exterior wall.The garbage company wants to place a metal guard over the wire and call it good,obviously we don't agree.Am I on the right track?Do these rule apply as they are being dismissed?
a few pictures.opinions please
[Linked Image from i1160.photobucket.com]

https://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q500/matt_2007/compactor/PICT0001.jpg

Last edited by frank; 01/27/12 11:52 PM.