Sorry I guess it wasn't clear...I'll try more.

There's one utility pole transformer, which goes to two utility meters (solar and main). But they are in SERIES, as in it goes first to the main meter (bi-directional), then after the main meter it branches to the solar meter, then both the main and solar run (separately) into the shop to two disconnects, then to respective panels. With the bidirectional meter, it is known what solar energy stayed on the property and what leaves the property. What stays on the property is bought back at a much lower rate as there is no delivery, etc.

I think Larry has the right idea, except they are actually selling the solar at a much higher rate (subsidized green power) than it costs for 'normal' power. But they are paid for 100% of the solar, then buy everything back at normal rates. Except what they use directly they buy back at much less than even normal rates (no transmission).

And yes, the utility meter is not a net meter, and maybe net is not the best term for what is wanted. Maybe summation? (combine/add the two). Ideally if we could meter it where the main bi-directional meter is, since it's that meter we want to duplicate (what is exiting the property), but the utility is not going to let us touch their stuff.