My wife is an EE. She works for a company that designs computer chips that run at 40 Giga bytes per second. It is truly cutting edge stuff. She would not know what a wire nut is. However when she talks about her work my eyes glaze over and I feel completley stupid. I have an Industrial Engineering degree myself. She will bring me stuff home from work that blows me away. I look at and think, I remember seeing that in college but there is no way that I could solve that equation. The people that she works with are truly brilliant.

One time she brought home some notes that a guy had written on some scratch paper. It looked like my calculus book. And this was off the top of his head. At the company christmas party there were 6 PhDs sitting at one table.

To sum up what I am saying. I have a lot of respect for you guys who work out in the field and I have a lot of respect for the people that my wife works with. I have been fortuante to interact with both types of people. Like I have said before, it is just a different knowledge base.

Scott