Yesterday was a watershed moment for me, as my humble hovel was scheduled to receive internet service.

Frequent readers will know that I moved from the Sierra mountains to the mudflats of the Mississippi. My home is quite modest, and in need of great remodeling. A complete gut.

Well, the Cable guy was quite sharp ... he immediately noted the lack of a ground rod -service change will be later this month- and announced he couldn't do the install, as he didn't have a rod, etc.

Are we smiling yet? Can you guess where this is going?

So ... I produce MY ground rod ... MY tool to drive it in ... and, before he can make it all the way back to his truck, I have the rod in. All the way. Gee, we're not in Reno any more; it was like pushing through warm taffey.

I wish I had a picture of the expression on his face. smile

So, he began to set up for the install. Now arrives his boss, and a third man, all set to explain why they just couldn't install the service. Oops.

The upshot is that I now - finally- have reliable, unfiltered, unrestricted internet service .... and have entered the folklore of the local cable community.

Now ... if I could only teach them the CORRECT way to drill old cement siding frown

Last edited by renosteinke; 11/16/11 08:59 PM.