I am bidding a new custome home. It is app 7500sf. My load comes to about 130amps without any hvac. They are going to do geothermal with supplemental heat strips. I just don't know what size. But even at 10kw that still is well under 200 amps. There is also a pool and framing provision for a future elevator. I am not bidding either of these yet because they are not sure what thay are doing for heat. All this being said, do I need to bump up the service. I would probably be pushing a 200amp service once everything is in with no provisional space.

Most houses I wire a smaller. You put on a 200amp meter and your good. This one is making me think. Do you step from 200 to 400amps?

This is a large house to wire. I do wire houses but few on this scale and even less bidding competitively. I know the guys I am bidding against. They are veteran residential electricians who do quality work. I just want to make sure that I am doing it right. I don't think it is a house that will go to the lowest bidder but to the best overall quote. Thanks, my dinner depends on it.

Side question: What is the best way to do outlets in the baseboards. Nail ons with box extenders?