Hello folks, I have a project I have been asked to llok at and am not quite sure how to go about it. Thought I would throw it out here for opinions.

Multi story hotel. Just opened within past 4months. So my loads from power co are lacking the electrical baseboard heat in all the guest rooms. Aug load was 104Kw in a 15 minute period. At 208/120v 3phase thats is around 300amps.

The service disconnect rating is 2500a. 65' from electrical room exterior door is our primary fed padmount.

Eight 3.5" PVC conduit runs go from padmount to bottom of switchgear. There are eight sets of what looks like 250Kcmil conductors, but I am guessing they are probably 350's for the 2500a rating.

Oh, the customer wants a back up generator for building.

I would like to dig up conduit bank, and install outdoor transfer switch on new pad next to new generator. No room in electrical room for switch.

1st, how could I manage to keep hotel operational without interuption (hotel is full capacity for next five years).

I need to cut into duct bank to either pull conductors out of xfmr, or pull out of gear. Transformer would be easier for one, because genny pad would be right next to xfmr pad.

Other concern, the xfmr pad sits in between the back of the building and a large hill. No retaining wall and in that grass area is a underground drain. When I looked at the building the grass was a marsh from all the rain.

Thoughts or questions?