Look at the Appendix B note for rule 6-112(4). It describes an approved mast assembly. Any variance from that is not an approved assembly and should require an engineers statement that the mast meets the sideload requirements as laid out in the note or a general variance by provincial bulletin etc.
One clamp at the soffit, one at the bottom and 1 in the middle. This mast in the photo could have been a 10 foot with an offset adaptor at the bottom. An approved mast needs 3 mast straps so if Saskatchewan allows this then I might like to see how they approve them. Frankly an 8 foot mast is usually too short to meet the cantilever load and still get 915 mm above the roof.

Originally Posted by twh
I'm not keen on acwu from the meter to the panel, but I can remember when the refrigeration lines to an air conditioner where cut and welded. Now, everyone uses a pre-charged line and it's the new norm. I suppose acwu could be the new thing for services. It's ugly, but so are pot lights and everyone has them.

By the way, how do you get three straps on an 8 foot mast? One foot above the rack, three feet above the roof and one foot in the soffit, leaves three feet for straps. (You can't put a thru-bolt at the roof line on a cottage roof) That puts three supports on three feet of mast.

Mast kits in Saskatchewan don't even come with three straps.