When I was around it the service lateral was supposed to be installed and owned by the customer but they could contract FPL to put it in as an additional charge and FPL subbed that out. Most production builders had FPL do it. This is what ended up being the "two guys and a mini Kabota". They dropped a 2" RNC in the ground and pulled a triplex through it although not exactly in that order if you get my drift.
I watched a number of them and the usual sequence was they put in about 40' of RNC with the sweep up into the transformer, pushed the wire in that from the trench side, assembled the other 30-40' with the sweep up into the meter base, pushed the wire into that and mated them in the trench. That usually resulted in 10 or 20 feet of wasted triplex that went into the dumpster because the "contractor" wasn't buying the wire. One guy would dig while the other guy assembled the RNC and strung out the wire. The warning ribbon was there but not at exactly at 12". One guy fed the ribbon in the hole while the other guy was knocking the backfill in with the side of the bucket.
Hit it once, drop the ribbon, hit it again, as they went.

They were fast tho frown

Greg Fretwell