Incompetent 'managers' ( out and out Gonnabbees ) fear and hate talent.

My first PM on the job ( eleven months long ) tried every nasty trick in the book to get me to quit. When he informed the Superintendent that he'd replace me with a 'Real' foreman -- my buddy freaked out -- and applied enough pressure to have my PM canned within 72 hours.

Months later, I was working solo, kicking out production at a higher tempo than my former five apprentices could perform. I simply told the Super, "I'm a one-man crew."

Once the 'shell' was complete the job transitioned to a custom build-out -- and a fresh contract. Again the big man made an attempt to move me out of the way -- blocked by the Super and his PM. By this time I'd won over even the office crowd -- whose HQ was just blocks away -- and this was their showpiece project. ( It got some industry award for tilt-ups -- their specialty. )

I was tasked with ANOTHER Gonnabbee PM -- after his foul-ups on this one job -- the Company's Number One Customer had him fired, too. This is the fellow who was infuriated.

His role was to be the customer's favorite -- instead of me. He didn't have a chance -- he couldn't pull a rabbit out a hat -- and become the Super's alter ego on the job site.

Typical example: he's on the roof -- and a visitor needs to meet/talk -- having found me -- I'd just speed dial the Super -- and hand over my phone. It was painless for me -- and quite the step saver for the Super.

Last edited by Tesla; 09/17/11 07:16 PM.

Tesla