Originally Posted by Scott35

Example:

"The Client Faxed a Nastygram to all the Contractors and Vendors on the Project, to complain about the loud Radios on-site; each Radio tuned to a different Station.
Client says if the Radio Battles continue, all Contractors and Vendors will have their Bids reviewed!"

It's funny you mention this, Scott, because I got one of these messages from a Project Manager (PM), just the other day.
It was obviously meant to be a "global" e-mail sent to each team leaders computers, it said:

Please curtail the use of stereo systems on site, it is annoying at best when I make site inspections to have to listen to a cacophony of radios, all on different stations and running at a million decibels.

I've seen this guy on site, probably once or twice, in the whole time I've been back with my current company,(8 months), wiring dairy sheds.

In jest, I sent the following reply:
I note as the Senior Electrician for XXXXXXXXXXXX, your dis-satisfaction at so many loud radio's all tuned to different frequencies, on site.
You know as well as I do, everyone has a different taste in music, seems you dis-allowed AM/FM ear protector head-sets, this is why this has happened.

However, you should do, as I have found when I am trying to get any sort of information out of you, about stuff you have negated to put on OUR plans and turn both of your hearing aids off.

One other thing, I find it hard to believe that a University-trained "Engineer" such as yourself, could come out with a term like "a million decibels", what particular weighting does that have and what did you measure this with?
Are you seriously aware of how loud something like that would be?

I'm still waiting for a reply on that one. grin