Here's what i just walked into>

[Linked Image from i104.photobucket.com]

Here's my 'contractual plain english'response >

(deleted), here's what i would like to do @ the (deleted) residence in Andover VT, note that pursuant to this , it would be good to have it made clear what the original intent was from the electrical investigation / print done today

1) in the basement, either bore a series of holes in a straight line, or install a running board for home runs to panel w/ room for growth

2) move all wiring to running board(s) that are secured to face of laminate cellar beams, use BX38 clips listed for MC cable

3) move all applicable slack toward current JB's for retermination / interface

4) make existing general use circuitry into existing home runs, reterminate, ground properly, provide compliant JB space & slack

5) provide new home runs for dedicated circuits (note that the 14G already installed required to be on a 20A will stay on 15A, and be noted as such)

6) provide GFI protection in locations required

7) check for proper ampacity/wiring gauge @ panel. i.e.-14G on 15A, 12G on 20A, etc

8) work all outside mc cable into applicable boxes for lighting fixtures (4 locations) & hang fixtures

9) make up undone switching w/ proper MC cable box clamps, grounding & white switches

10) cellar lighting switch @ top of stairs & at bottom cellar entry, minimum 4 cellar keyless porcelians

11) furnace EM switch @ top of cellar stairs

12) clearly mark panel with schedule

I would also recommend surf mount 4 sq's for cellar entry switching at the rear cellar door, vs. cut in boxes

Estimate (deleted, but you cab guess if you'd like) of T&M work to this point

suggested>

a) smoke/co detectors per current Vermont standard (noted is one hallway porcelian being tagged 'smoke' in basement)

b) proper grounding of all made up devices / device boxes / JB's

c) TP (tamper resistant) devicing per current requirements

d) proper bonding of all mettalic raceways, vessels, plumbing

e) change out your current breakers for afci's where required

f) dedicated circuitry ampacity where applicable (fish job) , a doable example here might be the bathroom receptacles fed via 14G, required to be 12G

etta: this is an EE from NJ who wired his house in 14G MC cable ($$$ to kneecap him HotOne)

so.....how'd i do?

~S~