Got a call the other day from the head of the water dept. There is a condo complex and there seems to be current running on the water pipe into the condo. It is causing calcium (They think) to form and clog the toilet bowls and he wants me to investigate. Wait it gets better. [Linked Image] I was scheduled to go and meet him next week, Well today I get a call from my boss to come back to town. There was a fire in the water closet area where all these ground wires are connected. The fire dept thinks it started in an electrical heater which was used to keep this closet warm. The electrical contractor (EC) just happened to be working in this closet the day before trying to fix the current problem. Now I talk to the EC who was there and he said that there was indeed current running on the GEC's hooked to the water pipes. Not much voltage less that 1-2 volts and about 1-2 amps. He (and I )saw 1 large GEC wire, and 6 #6 ga. Al wires all attached to water pipes. He found the current coming from 1 og the #6 wires. But didn't know here it comes from. He checked the neutral connection and said that it was OK. (First think I thought of was a bad neutral and current flowing to ground.) He is going there today and check it out, and I will stop by next week to see what is up. Any thoughts about current flowing back on a GEC to the water pipe? I know this post is vague, but I didn't get into it too much because I had to get to another town for inspections. I will keep you posted as to what we find.