Hi renosteinke,

thanks a lot for the explanations and sorry for answering late but I had an urgent job over the weekend.

I have understood the following:

In case I short the wires at the entrance of a service panel the overcurrent devices in the service disco will trip.

In case this breaker (?, or are there always fuses?) has welded, there is (often) no other overcurrent protection but on the high voltage side, so the wires will burn definitely?

In case a hot wire before the panel (from disco) has contact to a metal conduit the bonding between panel ground and neutral is the only path to have the disco overcurrent protection tripping. If that fails (welded) one has to wait for the high voltage side? Same for a short before the disco?

If this client side bonding is not done correctly, the installation will remain live in such a case as overcurrent is too small to trip anything? The impedance through the ground will be too high and is not checked anyway.

Did I understand this part of the setup correctly?

What is then the typical maximum short current (kA) you have to calculate with? For comparison: In Germany this would be 10kA at the service fuses and 6kA in a panel.

Thanks for the patience to answer.