In a ceiling with fibre-glass insulation, I'd wear nothing less than a face-mask.
Reason I say that, is because when I was doing my time as a sparkies apprentice, I used to crawl through roof voids day in day out.
One day I was up in the roof of an older house that had had fibre-glass batts installed in the late 60's, I'd heard a scurrying sound around behind me (rats?).
I turned my torch (flashlight) around and found nothing, they were obviously getting away from me.

But one thing I did notice was in the beam of the torch light was all of these small little slivers of glass floating in the air as they had been disturbed by my crawling through the low roof and I was breathing them in.
Now, when you are working up in a roof void, because of the elevated temperatures and the work you have to do (you aren't up there for a little tea party, are you?), you breathe faster, meaning you are ingesting these bits of glass all the more quicker.

It's bad enough that you get these slivers in your fore-arms and in your legs and they hurt until you have a hot shower to get them out of your pores.
Imagine what that is doing to our lungs then. eek
Are we going to see a thing in a few years of electricians and plumbers suing the manufacturers of this stuff for the health effects of having worked in the proximity of Fibre-glass insulation?

A class-action suit is one thing, but it never fully realises the true pain and suffering of someone that has almost emphysema-like symptoms.