Saw this full page ad in EC the other day, some electrician is behind bars because he bought counterfiet electrical parts

Followed by a stern warning from one of our overbearing electrical manufacturers to be good doobies, and be aware that buying counterfiet is illegal

Next i get these e-mails, insisting i attend some education seminar to decipher what is potentially good parts made in China from bad parts made in China>

Just what does "genuine" get you? How do you detect the real deal from the fake? How do you protect yourself and your customers?
Don't forget to join ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR and GE Energy, Industrial Solutions, on Tuesday, November 30, at 11 a.m. EST, for a free webinar to discuss the latest information relating to potentially dangerous counterfeit electrical products.

The webinar will include how to detect and ensure genuine products through UL testing: warranties and quality assurances; examples of material differences (side-by-side comparisons); specific cases of counterfeit installations; common sources of counterfeit/gray market product; and more.

If you have not already registered please click on this link to register. Registration is FREE.

http://event.on24.com/r.htm?e=258562&s=1&k=374DD3085ECCEEA291AC3FBBAEBCA587

Now i don't think any of us use secret decoder rings to contact boris or natasha wearing fidora's in dark alleys to get our stock in plain brown bags in the middle of the night, do we?

methinks i can claim most EC's call on electrical suppliers, use the big orange or blue place, or hit up the local mom & pop hardware store

so why is the onus of guilt upon the end user here?

~S~