I once buried a man-week on an ANSUL system.

It was incorrectly engineered for Safeway.

First of a kind, and the boys made a number of errors.

Anyhow, the lesson is: try and get a control panel designed for ANSUL - -factory built.

I forget the name, but at least one outfit is making them.

NO WAY can you build your own for less, adjusted for your personal learning curve.

-------

And now, their mistakes:

24V control circuit unable to supply enough power to contactors -- especially notable for MUA blower at the roof.

Hence, an auxiliary XFMR and relay were tacked on.

Improper fusing -- original design placed fuses on the return path of one phase hot-to-neutral circuits. Obviously, this is a hazard since in overload there is a 50:50 chance that the return side fuse will blow first. Non-electricians will then have an outstanding opportunity to electrocute themselves doping out why things don't work. ( On a ladder, back against the grid, hanging on to bare metal studs while poking around in the dark: sweet)

-----

To complete the picture, this control can had a complicated push-button (with interlocks) control for chef use.

But that's not all: I had a trooper who balanced his meth with Mary Jane. He became upset and decided to get even with the Man. So he took enough care and effort to cross wire a fist full of circuits feeding the hood blowers. Come power-up they'd be toast.

Unfortunately, anyone that obvious is too obvious. So I sent him on far away business -- pulling in home runs -- and personally corrected his 'craft.' Come power-up he stood aghast as EVERYTHING worked perfectly the first time. ( Even the General Foreman was stunned, he told me he'd never seen THAT happen before.)

Naturally, I congratulated bozo on his outstanding work!

Come break-time he fired up Mary like he was Chong: right in front of the GC Superintendent! The smoke was so staggering you couldn't see in!

Say, goodbye!

Tesla