Originally Posted by Paxman
I have been asked to wire a septic grinder pump for a new house. I am looking at two cords coming out - one with 6 wires # 12 - (black, red, white, orange, blue and green)and the other cord has just 2 wires # 14. The pump is a 2HP, 230V. There is .9 ohms resistance between white and blue and white and black. There is a 2.2 ohms reading between black and blue. All other readings are OL or in the megohms. My take is that the cord with two small wires is a moisture sensor (?) and .9 ohms between white and blue would indicate L1 and L2 (?) but what about the other 3 wires red, black and red (obviously green would be for GND). Tank is filled up with rain water and there is no paperwork. Can somebody help me with this? Tx

I am thinking if I did read your numbers right you may have revering motour there so the lower reading is the starting winding while the 2.2 ohms may be a running winding which it is common for single phase motour.

If this pump motour is brand new and clean you should able get the manufacter nameplate info off from it.

And it should have matching control box for it.

Merci.
Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)