Originally Posted by sparky

fwiw, i too have worked for the proverbial son as well. In fact, he was such a poor electrician he ironically taught me well by way of bad example(s)

Yeah, I've worked with a LOT of people like that, maybe I just got jobs that.
I once saw a guy that had lived under the wing of his father try and cut through a live 400V busbar to fit a CT bug on it, with a 10" grinder and a cut-off wheel.
After he had caused the single phasing failure of about 50-odd motors in the factory, I asked him why that needed to be cut in the first place.

He replied "How else do you get the CT bug on there, you just get your gloves on and bend it (the busbar) out!!".
I just pretty much face-palmed at that statement.

I'm not about to recreate that here, living in a small town as i do, it's taken me years to build a name synonomous with 'decent electrician'

So you've pretty much run all the rats out of town? grin

being my apprentice would'nt be easy , not for the son or anyone else.

Sparky, an apprenticeship should never be easy, it gets you ready for being a thinking tradesman.
Hell, I've done two apprenticeships and sure things did annoy me at times, but not enough to have me throw the towel in.
When I started as an apprentice liney, I was up on poles stringing new wires in the snow, you have to get over that, because you will be doing that when you come out of your time.