When you put the inverter on the roof you invoke 690.14(D)

(D) Utility-Interactive Inverters Mounted in Not-Readily-Accessible Locations. Utility-interactive inverters shall be permitted to be mounted on roofs or other exterior areas that are not readily accessible. These installations shall comply with (1) through (4):
(1) A direct-current photovoltaic disconnecting means shall be mounted within sight of or in the inverter.
(2) An alternating-current disconnecting means shall be mounted within sight of or in the inverter.
The requirements in 690.14(D)(1) and (D)(2) provide for servicing disconnects at the inverter.
(3) The alternating-current output conductors from the inverter and an additional alternating-current disconnecting means for the inverter shall comply with 690.14(C)(1).
The disconnect required by 690.14(C)(1) allows the inverter(s) and the circuit to it (them) to be de-energized from a readily accessible location.
(4) A plaque shall be installed in accordance with 705.10.

italics indicates handbook commentary

The disconnect referenced in 690.14(C) is the building disconnect and follows the basic rules of a service disconnect. Obviously the folks who wrote this do not think the DC side is worth worrying about and they are not particularly interested in anything outside the building beyond the serviceability of the inverter.

I think that ignores the danger of high voltage, high current DC but nobody asked me. All I can say is be careful up there.
If nothing else, take off your jewelry wink

Greg Fretwell