Hi Guys,
As you may know, I work in a lot of factories, where injuries can happen.
Most places here have at 5-6 people on each shift that are trained First-Aiders.
This isn't a silly idea to be honest, any place that doesn't, is really putting their employees at risk of not getting the proper first response care that they deserve.

I am pretty much a Para-medic from my work with the Fire Service and I have undertaken extra training through St Johns Ambulance (this is what happens when you marry an Advanced Para-medic, with 20+ years experience).

But do any of you guys, hold First-Aid quals?, I'm told it is the one thing that will get you a job, as an advantage over the other guy.

Before you launch into a course of First Aid training, please bear in mind, that it takes a certain type of person to give good, competent First-Aid care.
Some people seem to think it is merely handing out the odd Band-Aid.

I have (in the time that I have been involved in this game) seen people trapped in machinery, the loss of fingers and the like, it is NOT a nice free, easy ride.

Crikey, you don't even have to be working in one workplace, as long as you have good skills (and the aptitude) as a First-Aider, you'll get a name for yourself, should you help someone on a site, in the event of some being injured.

Your comments, please.