I like the HOH series because it seems like the work is done how it should be. Of course the budget for the fix seems to be way more than what the original job cost. I wish I could have someone screw up a 8k kitchen remodel and have HOH come in a fix it with a 40k budget. I used to work for someone that had a similar work ethic in that if it took some extra to make it right that is what he did.

I have to place some of the blame on the HO that contracts with someone that says they don't need permits or when thing start to get fishy they continue to let the work progress. Or when the HO goes with the bid that is way out of line with the other bids and thinks they will get a quality job.

I had hope for the show Renovation Realities, but quickly lost hope. I almost think that has to be staged when you see someone doing demo of a roof that they are standing under.

The thing that bothers me more than anything is when someone like Fuad Reves wires something up and only has 1" of free conductor in the box, or no connector. On one show someone ran flex slinky duct off of a downdraft stove into the knee wall and out to a vent Where is the technical oversight? If you are going to show someone how to do something do it right. If you don't know have someone that does know. I have even seen on This Old House where the electrician used pancake boxes with multiple cables in them. Come on, you are shown as licensed and still do this?

Last edited by Jim M; 04/04/10 01:04 PM.