Guys,
I was thinking about this yesterday.
Those of us that have been in the Trade a while, will remember the days of wearing a set of goggles a SCUBA diver would be proud of.
I seem to remember that on a humid sort of a day or working in a cold environment they would steam up something wicked, until you could see what you were doing.

I also remember Merv, a work-mate of mine had some special googles with Bi-focals moulded into the plastic lenses, I accidentally put them on one day and it did my eyes in for about a half-hour afterwards.

But, I digress, these days, one can have very stylish, well-made glasses for very little money.
I own 3 pairs of safety glasses, one pair of smoked finished glasses for general use, that live on top of my cap, another pair of tinted dark safety glasses that I only use for driving and a pair of yellow tinted glasses that I use in low light conditions, you'd be amazed how much these actually draw the light into your eyes when you haven't got much to work with in the first place.

I can't stress the importance of the use of safety eye-wear enough.
A year or so ago, when I was working in the Dairy Fitting industry, I had a shard of stainless steel embed itself in the right side of my safety glasses.
Now imagine that picture, if I had not been wearing the glasses.
You only get one pair of eyes, not being able to use one of them severely impedes your field of vision.

It should never ever come to that.

Last edited by Trumpy; 02/15/10 10:41 PM. Reason: Typo