Attended the organizational meeting Fri. P.M. Met for 6 hours Sat. County politicos have vast resources in that they can use county employees for research. Some of the items brought up:
1. Over 900 political subdivisions have accepted the NEC with modifications.
2. The dominant accepted NEC is the 1996.
3. There are actually some that accepted both the NEC and the ICCEC with the same ordinance.
4. The modifications that are most prevalent are concerning the use of GFCI's and NM. Many, many small, and some large, political subdivisions reject the requirement of garage and basement GFCI's.
That is only the tip of the iceberg.
With the differences brought up, I wonder how active contractors fare when working in various jurisdictions?
I spoke, by telco, with an old friend this A.M. and he has given me some good advice. He said that I have always met a problem "head-on" but in dealing with this county group I should concentrate on a flanking maneuver. Get fire depts, insurance reps, lending institutions, anyone who has had a loss due to installations not conforming to code, etc.
The next 30 days are going to be interesting. BTW, I do have one of the 5 members allied with me so I have to only convince one.
Rowdy