I was asked to bid on a new service panel for an existing mobile home to replace several older fuse boxes (see related post in Code forum). When I went to inspect the job, I found a lot more wrong than just needing to replace the fuses. For example, the meter and service equipment is falling off the nearby utility pole, there are several non-GFCI outlets (without covers) installed on the pole, the feeder to the trailer is an overhead drop triplex to a pole behind the trailer and the wires (although in good shape) touch the top of a roof that was added later... you get the picture. The RIGHT was to proceed would be for me to rip everything out and start over again, but the customer is getting HUD money to pay for the repair and can't afford the rest of the work.
My question is, would you just go in and fix what was requested as best as you could, knowing that it would be better than when you first got there, or would you turn down the job? Or possibly there's another opinion I haven't considered?
Thanks!