Originally Posted by harold endean
Reno/ghost,

I wrote to my state and complained about the new '08 NEC. I have been in this business for 30 years or more. This has to be the worst code change that I have ever seen. There are too many manufactures who sit on the code making panel. They all keep pushing for their products to become law. This way it sells more products. How much more will AFCI add to the price of a new house?

I am also getting questions from EC's about AFCI protection for pool wiring and HVAC wiring. I ask why pool wiring. They say it is because it goes through a bedroom. So since it goes through a bedroom, it must be AFCI protected.

Harold.,
You did bring up good question related to the pool circuit that have to run thur the bedroom.
But if not useation { have a switch or outlet } in bedroom IMO it do not have to be AFCI at all.

That question will be open answer format due there are few ways to address this situation.

Speaking in my state { Wisconsin } they just start enforeing AFCI not too long ago so it will be instering how it come out. In France we don't have any AFCI devices yet but heard talking about it but nothing in written yet.

Merci,Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)