If anyone has read my previous post regarding blinking lights which intermittenly dim,the following is what I found.
First I would like to thank everyone who gave their imput and ideas.
After taking many voltage readings on each circuit between the neutral and the hot legs,I found one with a little higher voltage than the other circuits and of course I thought I found the problem. So I shut off that breaker and the dimming continued. After taking more voltage readings I found another circuit with a little higher voltage and realized I had found a symptum but not the problem.
Just by change I opened a metal box in the basement where there is a bell transformer, thinking maybe there is a faulty path in the neutral connection at the transformer. So after removing trans from the circuit I still had a problem. When checking the splices in this box I noticed the clamps holding the old romex in place where loose. No big deal right. Well then I noticed the ground wires where back wrapped around the old romex,making the box clamps a part of the ground splice. I also noticed a bare spot in the neutral wire,which probably was hitting the metal box.
Well to make a long story short, after unwrapping the ground wire and fixing the splice, the diming ,blinking lights went away.
I can not tell you how agravating it was to find this problem. All the devices in the rest of the house had been replaced and they were grounded properly, but just by chance this one box in the basement was not.
I think what lead me down the wrong path to diagnose this problem was the fact that I had just found a problem in another home where the power co. had lost a neutral on the pole, so I was convinced it was something outside.
Hope this post can help someone else.
Mike

dukes