I'm building a new data center for a new company. I'd like to add power metering for the actual computer rooms. I am trying to get a subpanel put into, or just outside of, each computer room (one is built now, but only the 120V convenience outlets are installed). My idea is to meter the feed to the subpanel. What I'm looking for is what kind of metering equipment could be used that can provide data to a computer to record power usage. It will be my own computer software collecting, archiving, and analyzing the data. System is 208Y/120. A few single phase 208V UPS systems were already ordered before I started here. I'd like to have minute-by-minute power usage readings if possible. I will be running this data center, not just building it.

Any ideas of equipment that could be installed ahead of a subpanel to do this? Or should I just have the power run through a CT cabinet with shorted CTs pre-installed ready to use (to select actual reading equipment later)?

I don't yet have all the specs on expected power usage because it won't even be known how big this could get for maybe another year.