I am still in the camp that questions how many fires are actually started along the body of a cable inside a wall.
A fire inside a raceway, box or cabinet should be contained therein (isn't that what the listing says?)
I understand there may be "evidence" based on what a fireman says, "yup it looks like an electrical fire" but is that really the result of a real investigation or just a hunch based on a cursory walk through the rubble, perhaps even charity, to avoid any problems with the insurance claim? The fire department is a political organization in many parts of the US (including Florida).

I personally feel most electrical fires are caused on the load side of the receptacle and that was certainly how this AFCI was originally sold, even if that was not within the capabilities of the original (government mandated) devices.
I remember the old "lamp cord pinched behind the bed scenario" as the example when the Cuttler Hammer reps were pitching the concept.
That was not what AFCI 1.0 would find. I think that showed up around 2.1 and we are at 3.x now. Unfortunately the poor suckers who were forced to buy 1.0 devices in the housing boom do not have the protection they think they do when they read the current literature.

Greg Fretwell