Chico,

Thanks for posting the link to the CEC Title 24, Part 3 (Cal. Electrical Code), PDF version!
thanks thumbs

I downloaded the PDF successfully. Took less than 4 Minutes to download via ADSL connection (peak download @ 3.0 mbps).
File size is apx. 73.4 MB, so anyone with slow download speeds (less than 384 kbps), get ready for a loooo-nnnn-g waiting period!
sleep

Already have Hard Copy of the current 2007 version, along with several previous issues
(when a new CEC version becomes effective, I purchase the Manual in Hard Copy), but many others I regularly work with, do not have the Manual in any format - Hard Copy or PDF.

Now I can give these Contacts (mostly Contractors, fellow Engineers, and Managers) their own copy, and my Hard Copy Manual gets to stay right by my Work Station!
smile

The benefits (for me), of having the CEC T24 Part 3 in "Electronic Format", are:

* Copy / Paste Article text to Contract Documents,

and

* For the submission of Articles via E-mail, Disk Media, or FTP site access.
(for the purpose of quoting a specific article, or to address / clarify / interpret a given article).

Now I do not need to scan + convert relevant pages!!!

...............................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................

As to the Energy Efficiency Standards (CCR Title 24, Part 6):

You are correct about the postponement of the Effective Date.

The 2008 version of CCR Title 24, Part 6 Compliance Manual, was approved for Publication on September 11, 2008.

The 'Original" Effective Date (the date of which compliance per the 2008 version begins, and compliance per the 2005 version ends), was August 1st, 2009 - but the Effective Date for 2008 version has been postponed.

Effective Date for 2008 version to begin, is January 1st, 2010.

In order to be ready for the new cycle, I compiled new Spreadsheets for the 2008 version, per the newer Standards Manual.
Pushing back the Effective Date has allowed me to complete the "OLTG" (Outdoor Lightiing) Compliance Documents Workbook, at a relaxed pace (instead of rushing to finish!).

Compiling the "LTG" Set Workbook was done at an expedited rate.
Found out the Effective Date was postponed right after I completed & Debugged the "LTG" set!!!
cry mad bash

Oh well, at least they are done!

Scott.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!