I have a Snapit three light circuit tester. I was using it to check the recepticals in an old rental house I am preparing for sale. I was checking the outlets, as several have been replaced with three prong grounded types. As I suspected, very few of the recepticals are actually grounded. My question concerns the light combinations that this tester displays. This tester has a chart which shows five problem and one indicator for correctly wired. The combinations of the three lights shown on the chart are as follows: center light on - open ground, right light on - open neutral, no light on - open hot, left and right lights both on - hot/ground reversed, left and center lights on - hot/neutral reversed, center and right lights on - correctly wired. My problem is that on a couple of the outlets all three of the lights were on, and the tester does not list this as a possiblilty. I brought the tester home with my to try it on a couple of known correctly grounded recepticals and it register properly. Does anyone have any idea what may be the cause of all three indicator lights glowing in some instances?