I looked after service calls this week. It's an amazing field of work.

The new kitchen counter plugs quit working. The owner was looking at the panel and turned the red handled breakers off, because red should be off.

Another customer complained that the new dryer plug didn't work. Put the clothes in, close the door, and nothing. I reached over and pushed the start button.

In an office, they complained that one of our guys didn't didn't pull any data wires. The telephone guy got there first and put telephone jacks on every wire and punched them all into his equipment. More telephone outlets than you could shake a stick at, but nothing for data.

The electric meter checked out okay, so the wiring must have been bad, right? Turns out it costs a lot to heat a 3 car garage with electricity.

The HVAC guy told a restaurant owner that he could do three zones off one roof-top unit, so he put in 3 VAV valves, left 3 ordinary stats and 3 actuators. "What do you mean that there's more to it than just hooking them up?"

The best was the gal who wanted all the wires removed from her house because the neighbours were using them to spy on her. Her, I referred to another contractor. I couldn't resist.

I can't believe some guys get to do this all the time.