These are garage sale items. The one rated 500w seems wimpier than the one rated 400w but they both will run a PC or small TV and that is what I was going for.
I would like to stumble into one in the 1000-1500w range tho.
I have the little tickler battery in there just for regulation and to excite the field. If I am using this in a real situation I plan on tagging the batteries in my golf cart 2 at a time.
Last time the power was out a while after hurricane Charlie I was running inverters off my car battery and starting it up every half hour or so to keep the battery up. This will do the same thing without having to fool with the car.
I was able to watch the TV, run some fans, keep up with my yacking groups on the PC and my propane fridge kept the food (and beer) cold. For being without power, it wasn't really that bad.
I am still working on the plan to keep my pool blue but that will be a solar solution that will actually benefit me all year long. I am still arguing with the state about why that is not eligible for the rebate program. It seems like the perfect fit for Florida and will save $40-50 a month. That is a lot of carbon not going into the air, if anyone cares.

Greg Fretwell